It has been such a weird week at our house. I was sure yesterday was Friday, so now I am completely confused. With the weather as bad as it has been it’s hard to believe that it’s even Memorial Weekend. You couldn’t pay me money to camp right now.
If you are from Oregon it’s a great time to stay as, Memorial Weekend is a huge wine touring weekend with tastings going on everywhere. We won’t be taking part this year, although we have in the past.
For one child we have started summer vacation, for the other there is still 2 weeks left. Kind of spread apart isn’t it? Well, whatever I have one kid home already and couldn’t be happier.
Since I can’t find any amazing deals, that aren’t condiments, I am going to do something a little different. Today I give you Five Question Friday, so you can see me beyond my frugal life. Well, not completely….read on.
- Is there something you’ve always wanted to try but just can’t muster up the courage to actually do yet? I have always wanted to skydive. Note to self don’t book with a company that says “since the accident….” I am a total thrill seeker. It just feels like if something went wrong it “sucks to be you!” Probably something you shouldn’t use a coupon for.
- If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on? This is no lie, if I was given money I would pull out my coupons and see how many things I could buy for that amount of money. I would probably run straight to Target, for sure. Then I would brag about it because I would be so excited and then….no secret money.
- What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child? Those metal rings. I would stand by the door in first grade and wait for the recess bell ring and take off running. That was before the days of having to stand in a line to leave. I would run as fast as I could and hang on those rings. You couldn’t do much, not sure the thrill wasn’t just getting to them first.
- Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast? Even though I do have a sweet tooth, I do prefer a hearty breakfast over sweet. Sweet comes later in the day for me.
- Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy? I file by pile. Not sure if that is messy or neat. They are neat piles, but they are everywhere. Especially with me printing so many coupons these days my husband is starting to comment on my “filing” system.
If you stop by please let me know how many “file by pile” friends I have.
I have stumbled upon some pretty great sites this week. I will highlight a few of my favorites tomorrow. I have been laughing pretty hard at some, so be sure to check back.