I am bringing this back from last year because this is such a great summer salad. Once again I took it to a party and it was a huge hit.
Last week corn was 20¢ each at Freddy Meyer so I loaded up so I could make this salad. I have my own basil, so this side dish costs very little. I always make extra so I have it for more meals.
I don’t really use a recipe, I just kind of wing it, but I will try and give you guidelines to follow.
- I take 6 ears of corn and I drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Smoked Paprika. (smoked paprika is expensive at the grocery store, but pick up a large container at Costco for just $3.50)
- Grill the corn on medium high heat until slightly charred. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- Let cool enough to handle then cut off the cob.
- Mix the corn with 1/4 cup of sour cream and a tablespoon of milk to make a creamy texture.
- Cut the basil into ribbons and add to the corn salad. Do not skimp on the basil, it makes the salad. Add salt to taste.
You can serve this warm, room temperature or cold. You can take it to a picnic or just whip up a batch for your own BBQ.